It looks like we were going to get two Camon smartphones from Tecno after all. Just like last year when we had the Camon C5 and the Camon C8.
A post on the TecnoSpot forums, where enthusiasts of the Chinese company interact with others on diverse topics related to their devices, details everything we need to know about the yet-to-be-revealed Tecno smartphone.
From the provided details, the Camon C7, is, like someone noted in the same forum thread, a “Camon C9 Lite”. This is because other than the relatively small size (the display has been shrunk to 5 inches compared to the 5.5-inch display on the C9) and battery unit, everything else is set to remain unchanged. Including the two cameras on the front and back. We can safely assume that the Camon C7 is simply the successor to last year’s Camon C5.
Reported specifications of the Camon C7 are as follows:
- Display: 5.0-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD panel
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage (expandable via microSD up to 128GB)
- Camera: 13MP main with LED flash; 13MP sensor on the front with flash as well
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT 6753 backed by a Mali-T720 GPU
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Tecno’s HiOS UI on top
- Battery: 2,500mAh
- Network: 3G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, microUSB 2.0
- Other: FM radio, dual-SIM
The Tecno Camon C7 is already reportedly available in Nigeria (we cannot confirm that at this point) which means we’re just a few days (maybe weeks?) away from seeing it become available in Kenya. As usual, the price is expected to be much lower than the Kshs 18,000 asking price for the Camon C9.