The smartphones of today are so powerful there seems practically nothing these devices can’t do. With some phones, you can monitor your heart rate, translate foreign language, and even find missing metal objects! We have smartphone apps to thank for that.
But there’s a downside, of course. Smartphone apps drain battery quickly, and so people turn to battery-saving apps to make the most out of the remaining battery life when they can’t recharge their phone right away. These apps promise a longer usage time for smartphones.
But do battery-saving apps really work?
Yes, they do. With a combination of techniques to optimize a smartphone battery’s usage and reliable battery-saving apps, your phone can definitely keep up with your busy lifestyle.
Reliable Battery-Saving Apps
If you got your app from a pop-up ad, that’s most likely a scam that will try to access personal information from your phone. But if you got your app from authorized sources like PlayStore and App Store, you can be sure that it’s a good and legit kind.
Looking for battery-saving apps for your smartphone? Here’s a rundown of five most reliable apps and how they work:
- DU Battery Saver
One of the most reputable battery-saving managers for Android, Du Battery Saver can boost a smartphone’s battery life by up to 30%. It has a Pro version that provides 70% higher boost.
- Finds and solves battery problems with one touch of the “Optimize” button
- Consists of pre-set battery management modes but also allows customization
- Displays how much time your phone will last with its battery percentage
- Changes CPU frequency for rooted phones
- Battery Doctor
Battery Doctor is a free utility app that can extend battery life by 50%. It allows the user to set power-saving profiles that will immediately put the phone into sleep when it’s not in use.
- Adjustable mobile settings for longer battery backup
- Gives estimates on how much time your battery will last when you’re using apps like games, social media apps, and photography apps
- Has three safe charging stages
- Closes background-running apps in just a touch of a button
- Offers different preset and customized power-saving modes
- Avast Battery Saver
Avast Battery Saver is another efficient battery-saving app that works well for various phone settings like internet connection and screen brightness. This free app has a timeout mode that can optimize such settings to save the remaining battery life and give it a little boost.
- Detects apps that eat up your phone’s battery life
- Has optimized battery saving modes that the user can customize
- Gives estimated number of remaining hours based on the battery life percentage
- Suggests profile changes that can help save battery life
- Battery Optimizer and Cleaner
Battery Optimizer and Cleaner from Intel Security optimizes a phone’s battery life and cleans Android cache at the same time. It can also clean up phone memory to maximize its use.
- Has a Quick Boost button that allows the user to customize battery optimization
- Extends battery life in between charges
- Tracks mobile data usage
- Offers data management
- GO Battery Saver and Power Widget
Available for Android phones, GO Battery Saver and Power Widget has features that can save battery, control your device with just a toggle, and do power testing.
- Fast and easy process of battery optimization
- Shows accurate estimate of battery backup life
- Includes a widget that enhances your device’s performance
- Provides healthy battery charging for your smartphone
Other Ways to Save Battery Life
Aside from battery-saving apps, you can also do a couple of things yourself to extend your device’s day-to-day battery life.
- Delete apps that you don’t use anymore.
- Disable the background runs for non-essential apps.
- Stop closing apps after using them because exiting all apps doesn’t help at all.
- Disable app notifications for apps that you don’t use often.
- Turn off vibrations.
With these reliable battery-saving apps and useful tips, you make the most out of your smartphone and its battery through the rest of the day.