itel has introduced its latest Android Go smartphone, the iTel A56 to the Kenyan market and joins its other siblings in the A Series. The phone packs decent features as it targets the under 10K budget market.
In the couple of years they’ve been operating in Kenya, itel’s devices have been well received serving as motivation for the company to keep catering to this market by offering features that make their devices stand out in this budget segment.
The itel A56 rocks a 6″ IPS display. This is the company’s first device to wade into 6-inch displays. itel hopes that the large display will offer enough screen real estate for consumers to watch multimedia content, browsing the web or scrolling through social media. The caveat is that the display comes with a resolution of 960 by 400 pixels.
The back of the itel A56 looks elegant with the colour gradient back. The phone comes in two colours: Gradation Blue and Black.
For optics, the itel A56 rocks three AI-powered cameras – one front-facing and a dual rear setup. There’s a 5MP selfie camera and an 8MP and a VGA camera at the back. Modes to play around with include HDR, Portrait and Beauty mode. Both cameras come with LED flash and soft front light to cater for low light photography.
Powering the phone is a Unisoc SC7731E 1.3Ghz quad-core chip coupled with 1GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage. There’s also an option to expand the storage by using an external microSD card up to 32GB.
itel A56 packs a non-removable 4000mAh battery, a headphone jack and a rear fingerprint sensor coupled with Face unlock for biometrics. Inside the box that comes with the iTel A56 are a charger, a protective cover and a pair of earphones.
It’s worth noting that the device supports 3G and 2G networks.
One More Thing
itel A56 has a 12-month warranty. itel is also offering 100-day free phone replacement for the A56. This policy doesn’t cover:
- After the phone has been activated over 100 days.
- Software faults which can be resolved by software upgrade
- Unauthorised disassemble or repair
- If battery bin stickers or warranty sticker has been removed or defaced, indistinct, unrecognizable
- Physical damage caused by human behaviours such as liquid damage(the waterproof label is red), scratches, cracks, dents, fragmentation, over-extrusion and deformation.
- If the warranty certificate does not meet the product type or is altered
- Damage caused by misuse or improper maintenance, damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or external cause
- Faulty accessories such as headphone, charger, data line or battery
Pricing and Availability
The itel A56 goes for Ksh 6,699 at Itel branded shops countrywide including 3C hub both on Moi Avenue and Ronald Ngala and ART along Moi Avenue in Nairobi.