Infinix Note 7 is the company’s latest device in the Note series set to succeed the Infinix Note 5 that was released in late June 2018.
The Infinix Note 7 brings the latest tech, bumps up the specs from its older sibling and refreshing design for the Note line.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Infinix Note 7
The Infinix Note 7 comes with a 6.95″ Infinity-O display with a resolution 720 by 1640 pixels. The screen is protected by Gorilla Glass.
The phone runs on Android 10 and XOS 6.0. Kudos to Infinix for complying with Google to launch a new device with a relatively new Android operating system, unlike its previous trends. TECNO, its sibling company has also followed suit with the launch of TECNO Camon 15 that rocks Android 10 too. Transsion smartphone brands have always launched new devices with an older operating system when the new Android version has been available for months.
Under the hood, you get an octa-core Mediatek Helio G70 (12 nm) processor with Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU. There are two RAM and Storage options – 4 or 6GB and 64/128GB of onboard storage respectively which you can expand with MicroSD card.
The Infinix Note 7 rocks different colours including Apple Green, Milan Black and Med Blue.
Photography is handled by a quad rear set up in a circular camera bump and an in-display selfie camera. The main camera setup includes a 48 MP f/1.8(wide), 2 MP f/2.4 (macro), 2 MP f/2.4, (depth) and a 2 MP, f/1.8, (dedicated video camera) that will only be available in 128GB stoarage/6GB RAM model.
A 16MP front-facing camera sits in the Infinity-O display just like the one featured on the Infinix S5 launched last year, although it was a 32MP selfie camera.
For biometrics, you get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and face unlock. For entertainment, the Infinix Note 7 sports DTS Audio processing dual speakers to complement the immersive display.
A 5000mAh battery powers up the phone. The Infinix Note 7 also features support for 18W fast charging. It’s worth noting that there’s no USB-C port – you get the regular micro-USB charging port. Infinix needs to catch up with the trends.
Pricing and Availability
The Infinix Note 7 with the 128GB/6GB configuration will retail at Ksh 20,699 while the one with 64GB/4GB configuration will seek at Ksh 18,399. The Infinix Note 7 Lite will sale at Ksh 15,799.
The devices can be purchased at Infinix’s online marketplace, Xpark with free delivery countrywide for all models.
The company is offering goodies to those who pre-ordering the device. The first 150 customers to order NOTE 7 series on Xpark will receive a high-performance Bluetooth speaker LED lamp which is valued at Ksh 3,800.
If you decide to buy it in a retail store(we’re going to talk about measures the company is taking during this COVID-19 pandemic below), you get Free Gift Bag valued at Ksh 3,000 which includes Infinix XB04 smart band bracelet.
Infinix is also offering a 100-day broken screen free replacement for the Infinix Note 7 series, normally valued at Ksh 3,999.
Initiatives Infinix is taking to keep everyone safe including its staff and consumers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Infinix launched a “STAY HOME, STAY SAFE” campaign online and offline, including a billboard in downtown Nairobi today, which conveys the care for all Kenyans and encourages them to stay home and stay safe.
- Infinix is requiring its staff to wear masks while attending work for proper protection from the virus.
- Infinix retail store promoters are also scheduled to change shifts at a desired frequency.
- The flow of people in Infinix retail stores will be well-controlled to prevent excessive crowding.
- Infinix has also implemented measures to inform its employees and customers about COVID- 19 prevention tips and keep them informed of the effective measures to stay safe.
Safety Measures For Deliveries
Infinix has made significant efforts to ensure this is maintained with its courier partner Speedaf. The delivery of Infinix products will be done with extreme care:
- Employees will wear masks and gloves, and couriers will disinfect products with alcohol upon delivery right in front of the customer.
- Body temperatures of relevant personnel will also be consistently reported.
All these safety and health measures will be well in place and executed.