Mobile service provider, Yu has a new service offer which allows subscribers to make calls for as low as Kes 2 per minute. Yu the mobile phone brand of Essar Telecom Kenya Limited is lowering its calling rates further on its Zaziada offer.
Yu prepaid subscribers on Zaziada enjoy 50% extra talk time and now starting from a ksh 100 recharge they will enjoy calling rates of ksh 2 per minute at anytime and to any local network.
Yu’s Country Manager Madhur Taneja said, “We are continuing to offer great value to our customers. You top more, we give you a cheaper calling rate it’s as simple as that and you are not restricted when you can call! We are hoping that this will give our subscribers peace of mind in these cost conscious times.”
The promotion is available to new yu subscribers as well as existing customers and the rate applies to calls to all local networks at any time.
This is the latest addition to the range of innovative and affordable products already being offered by yu including amazing data bundles for web browsing and mobile chat / email for its first generation handset users.
How the promotion works
|Recharge (Ksh)||Talk Time||Voice effective Tariff|
About Essar Telecom Business Group
Essar has significant interests in telecommunications services, spanning mobile telephony, telecom tower infrastructure, telecom retail and IT/telecom enabled services.
- Essar holds a 33% interest in Vodafone Essar, which is a joint venture with the Vodafone Group, and is one of India’s largest cellular service providers, with over 115 million subscribers
- Essar Telecom Kenya has within the past year launched Kenya’s fourth mobile cellular network under the brand “yu”
- The Mobile Store’, a pioneering telecom retail initiative from the Group, is India’s largest national retail chain of mobile phone stores with over 1300 stores spread across 200 cities
- The Group owns Essar Telecom Infrastructure Ltd., one of the largest independent telecom tower infrastructure providers in India
- Essar operates an outsourcing services business under the Aegis brand, with over 47,000 employees globally across 39 delivery centres in the Philippines, Argentina, Costa Rica, USA, Africa and India