LG has finally pulled the wraps off the newest flagship device, the LG G2. The LG G2 is a 5.2 inch smartphone with no buttons on the front and sides as all have been pushed to the rear as the rumours had it.
Below are the official device specifications:
- – Processor: 2.26GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 featuring quad Krait CPU
- – Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS (1080 x 1920 pixels / 423 ppi)
- – Memory: 32GB / 16GB
- – RAM: 2GB LPDDR3 800MHz
- – Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS / Front 2.1MP
- – Battery: 3,000mAh
- – Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- – Size: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
- – Colors: Black / White
The LG G2 was launched today 7th of August at a press event in New York that was live streamed on Youtube. LG prides itself as the first smartphone company to rid buttons on the side of the device, basically, there are no buttons on either the front which is fully gesture based or the sides. Buttons have been moved to just below the camera.
LG says this is as a result of users finding it hard to reach chese buttons on a large screen when on the sides, and thought to place them at the rear where they would reach them with ease.
LG G2 also has double tap to unlock screen, like they do it on Lumia 925 with the Lumia Amber update. LG calls it KnockON. Th edisplay is edge to edge with the screen at 2.65mm wide.
The camera does have OIS (Optical Image Stabilizer)on the 13MP camera.
LG has bundled up apps on the G2, these include:
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link —Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — LG G2 can be used to remotely control home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.