Samsung on Thursday launched the Galaxy K Zoom in Nairobi, Kenya. The device which is a follow-up to the Galaxy S4 Zoom of last year which was the ultimate (and awkward) camera-phone by Samsung. The Galaxy K Zoom, announced sometime in late April took a lot from the Galaxy S5, Samsung’s flagship device of 2014.
The Galaxy K Zoom did have several improvements from the Galaxy S4 Zoom which is it’s predecessor, and these are in the looks and features departments. The Galaxy K Zoom wears the faux leather design of the Galaxy S5 and has internals close to the Galaxy S5. The camera is a 20.7MP with a Xenon flash, 10x optical zoom an Optical image stabilization. The camera module is better designed than the predecessor the Galaxy S4 Zoom in that it’s slimmer and more curvaceous, making it a better case for an every day phone.
Below are the Galaxy K Zoom specifications and features:
- AF/AE Separation (Auto Focus/ Auto Exposure Separation)
- Selfie Alarm – for timed selfies (you know )
- Pro Suggest – offers 5 optimized filter settings
- 10x optical zoom
- 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor
- Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS)
- Xenon flash
- It has the Galaxy S5′s Ultra Power Saving mode (added battery life while you’re out on an Instameet, S Health (Lite edition) and Kids Mode (forget about restricting in-app purchases when your kid is playing games, you never know what naughty images you’ve captured that your kid may share with the world without your knowledge)
- A studio app for editing photos and videos without requiring the intervention of your PC
The rest of the specs are as below:
- Size and weight: 137.5 x 70.8 x 16.6(20.2)mm / 200g
- Display: 4.8 inch HD Super AMOLED Display (1280×720)
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 5 (5260) hexa-core (1.3GHz Quad-Core + 1.7GHz Dual-Core)
- Camera: (for details see above) 20.7 MP main / 2.0 MP front
- Memory: 8 GB internal storage (expandable) / 2 GB RAM
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz
- Battery: 2430 mAh
- Network: LTE and 3G capable
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, HT40, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC
The Galaxy K Zoom will retail at Kshs 55,000 in Kenya and is already available on sale in Samsung brand stores and partner shops.