Video-on-demand product Showmax is now available on DStv Explora in Kenya. The service, which has been around in the country for some time now, competes with the likes of Netflix and newly launched Kwese Play, but the versatility of Showmax, which can also be accessed via Xbox devices, makes it a great choice for many.
It should, however, be noted that the Explora needs to be hooked to the internet before streaming on Showmax.
How to access Showmax on the Explora
- Ensure that your Explora is connected to the internet (there are several data-related products of choice for consumers, including Zuku that has since been launched in Nakuru).
- Scroll to Watch Now and select Showmax.
- Scroll through a list of shows and movies and select content you would like to watch. Hit OK.
- Enter your Showmax credentials, or sign up if you don’t have an account (the VOD product still offers a 3-month session for KES 250 – but you don’t have to pay that amount. Read on).
Adding Showmax to a DStv account
DStv Premium subscriber customers who will add Showmax on the DStv bill will now access the service at no extra fees.
- Load easy.dstv.com on your browser.
- Click on My Account and sign in to Easy platform.
- Click on Go to Showmax and sign up for Showmax.
- You will then be redirected to the voucher capture screen where the activation code is prepopulated. Hit OK.
- Accept billing and click
Showmax, which will also sponsor the Cosplay Convention in Nairobi this coming weekend, offers more than 35,000 movies and TV series, which, as mentioned, can be accessed for free for DStv Premium subscribers.