When it comes to their top devices, smartphone companies go all in – no feature is left behind for their flagship smartphone.
They will have the best hardware in town, the fastest processor, the brightest screen with the highest refresh rate, more years of software support, the best cameras including the highest megapixels, the highest video recording resolutions, the biggest batteries and ultimately ultrafast charging.
These are all the features you’d want to be crammed in a top-of-the-line device. As techtober winds up, here are the best flagship smartphones to buy in Kenya right now.
Infinix Zero 30 5G – Ksh 54,000
The Infinix Zero 30 5G is one flagship smartphone I’ve been excited to use in a long time. It nails it from design, performance, cameras, battery life and more.
Check our full review here.
I am happy to report that this is Infinix’s best smartphone this year – its successor will have a hard time to dethrone the Zero 30 5G.
It comes with:
- 108MP triple camera setup with OIS, a 13MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro sensor.
- 50MP selfie camera
- 4K 60fps video for both selfie and rear videos
- 6.78-inch 10-bit 144Hz curved(60-degree) AMOLED screen
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP53 rating
- A 5000mAh battery is packed inside with support for 68W ultra-fast charging.
TECNO Phantom X2 – Ksh 70,000
TECNO Phantom X2 launched is another contender in this flagship race. TECNO has upped its game to compete in a level equal to its rivals. Read our full review here.
For Ksh 70,000, you get:
- a slightly curved 6.8″ Super AMOLED display(1080 x 2400 pixels) rocking a 120Hz refresh rate in a 20:9 aspect ratio
- Gorilla Glass Victus
- 32MP selfie camera
- Regular X2: 64MP main camera with OIS + 13MP ultrawide + 2MP macro
- X2 Pro: 50MP main camera with OIS + retractable 50MP portrait lens + 13MP ultrawide
- Dimensity 9000 5G(4nm) chipset paired with 8GB RAM and 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB of UFS 3.1 onboard storage.
- 5160mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging.
- TECNO Phantom X2 and X2 Pro Review: Rise to Flagship Killer Status
- TECNO Phantom X2 VS Samsung Galaxy S22 Comparison Review
Samsung Galaxy S23 – Ksh 104,500
Samsung launched its flagship Galaxy S23 series early this year. I loved using the smaller S23 as my daily driver while I had it for two months – it’s the perfect compact flagship smartphone.
Read our full review here.
- 6.1-inch dynamic AMOLED screen coming with a 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, 1080p resolution and 1750 nits peak brightness
- IP68 rating, stereo speakers, ultrasonic under-display fingerprint reader, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection, and Armor Aluminium frames
- 50-megapixel main, 10-megapixel 3x telephoto camera, and 12-megapixel ultrawide.
- 12-megapixel punch-hole selfie camera
- This is a very speedy phone thanks to the power of the Snapdragon Gen 2 chip.
- 3900 mAh battery with 25W charging
Xiaomi 13 Lite – Ksh 59,500
While Lite versions of smartphones are always under the shadow of their flagship siblings, the Xioami 13 Lite deviates from that and is a standout on its own with better upgrades over the 12 Lite:
- 6.55-inch curved 12-bit AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, Dolby Vision and 500 nits brightness protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
- IP53 rating, glass back, under-display fingerprint reader, plastic frame, infrared port, single bottom-firing speaker setup
- Android 13 and MIUI 14
- Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 processor, 8GB RAM and 256GB storage
- 50MP main, 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro – 4K 30fps
- 32MP selfie camera and 8MP depth sensor housed in pill-shaped cutout – 1080p 60fps
- 4500mAh battery with 67W wired charging – empty to full in 44 minutes
OnePlus 11 – Ksh 111,900
I wasn’t going to finish this list without including a OnePlus device. OnePlus 11 is their flagship for this year with no Pro companion.
It comes with:
- 6.7-inch LTPO 10-bit AMOLED curved screen(1440p) with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, and 1300 nits peak brightness.
- Metal frame(chromed aluminum), IP64 rating, Gorilla Glass 5 back protection and Gorilla Glass Victus screen protection, under-display fingerprint reader(optical) and stereo speakers
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 with 16GB RAM and 256GB storage
- Android 13 and OxygenOS 13 – upgradeable to 4 major Android updates(Android 17) and 5 years of security patches
- 50MP main with OIS, 32MP telephoto(2x optical zoom) and 48MP ultrawide – 8K 24fps and 4K 60fps video recording
- 16MP selfie camera – 1080p 30fps video recording
- 5000mAh battery with 100W wired charging – empty to full in 22 minutes
iPhone 15 – Ksh 195,000
Apple’s latest entry-level flagship smartphone – the iPhone 15 rounds up our list. The vanilla iPhone gets a few upgrades to streamline it with its siblings in the iPhone 15 series includin the Plus and Pro.
The relatively compact iPhone 15 finally gets the Dynamic Island feature, a brighter screen, 48MP main camera setup with new improved photography features.
Other features include:
- 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen with 2000 nits brightness, HDR10 support and Dolby Vision
- Glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass protection for the display and the back as well, aluminium frame, IP68 rating, Apple Pay, Face ID, stereo speakers and Emergency SOS
- Apple A16 Bionic, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage
- iOS 17 eligible for up to 6 years of software support
- 48MP main with sensor-shift OIS and 12MP ultrawide – 4K 24/25/30/60fps video recording, cinematic recording – 4K 30fps and stereo sound recording
- 12MP selfie camera – 4K 24/25/30/60fps video recording
- 3349mAh battery with 20W wired charging – empty to half in 30 minutes, 15W Magsafe wireless charging, 4.5W wired reverse charging and 7.5W wireless charging
Articles in This Stream
- Best Smartphones Under 25K To Buy in Kenya Right Now
- Top Ten Midrange Smartphones in Kenya and Where to Buy Them
- Best Budget Smartphones Under 20K To Buy in Kenya
- Best Smartphones Under 15K in Kenya
- Best Xiaomi Smartphones to Buy in Kenya Right Now
- Best Google Pixel Smartphones to Buy in Kenya Right Now
- Best OnePlus Smartphones to Buy in Kenya Right Now
Why Phoneplace Kenya Is The Best Shop To Buy Smartphones In Kenya
An online shopping experience should be attractive, functional, simple, and enjoyable for customers. The shop guarantees to get your questions answered when you encounter an issue.
This is what makes Phoneplace Kenya stand out from the pack, they recreate the in-store shopping experience into an unforgettable online experience for you.