Infinix is set to bring the Hot 40 series to the country next week. The new lineup which includes regular Hot 40, Hot 40 Pro and Hot 40i succeeds the Hot 30 series which was launched early this year targeting Gen Z.
Hot 40 and Hot 40 Pro come with a 1080p screen while the Hot 40i has a 720p screen. All are 6.78-inch screens with 90Hz and 120Hz refresh rate except the Hot 40i. All have punch-hole cutouts for the 8MP selfie camera.
Hot 40 Pro will be powered by a MediaTek Helio G99 processor, Hot 40i comes running on a Spreadtrum T606 processor with 4GB RAM while the regular Hot 40 has the MediaTek Helio G88 processor.
The main camera for the trio is a 50MP dual main with a complementary depth sensor. The rear and selfie cameras can record 1080p 30fps video. The regular and the Pro can go up to 1440p video recording.
The three phones come with 5000mAh batteries with the Pro and regular Hot 40 sporting 33W Type-C charging and the Hot 40i will support 18W Type-C charging.
All three phones have up to 8GB of RAM in various configurations which includes the additional virtual RAM thanks to XOS 13. They also come with Android 13 straight out of the box.
Pricing is expected to start from around 15,500 for the Hot 40i up to Ksh 24,500 for the Pro version. We’ll have to wait for official pricing and we’ll update you on that.
Infinix Hottest Dance Challenge
Just as they did with the Hot 30 series, Infinix has announced a dance challenge dubbed #HottestDanceChallenge with the top 3 finalists standing a chance to win cash prizes of upto Ksh 400,000 at the Launch event which will be held on the 15th of Dec.
The challenge is open to dance crews who have to prove that they are creative, stylish, and innovative.
There are various cash prizes to be won:
- Winner: Ksh. 150,000
- First Runners Up: Ksh. 100,000
- Second Runners Up: Ksh. 80.000
The timelines for the challenge are as follows:
- 4th Dec 2023: The Call out for the Hottest Dance Crew will be made. Dance Crews will then have 5 days to submit their challenges online.
- 9th Dec 2023: The top 6 dance crews will be announced on our social media platforms. They will be required to ask their voters to vote for them. The 3 most voted crews will be selected 6 days before the launch to choreograph the NEW Model’s jingle & they will then BATTLE it out at launch.
- 12th Dec 2023: The top 3 dance crews proceeding to finals will posted on Infinix’s Social media handles
- 15th Dec 2023: The Top 3 crews will battle it out at the launch event and on social media. A decisive Twitter Poll will be posted on Infinix’s Twitter (X) account and the 3 crews will be required to ask their followers to vote for them.
- During the launch event, the winners will be awarded the grand cash prizes. It’s worth noting that Infinix will have the right to use the top 3 winning choreographies for its subsequent campaigns. The dancers will also be required to post the winning choreography on TikTok and Instagram after they are awarded.
There are a few rules dance crews will have to follow when shooting their dances. Infinix says that you’ll need to have a clean background(preferably a plain white background) and that dance crews whose videos are clean, creative, and presentable get more chances of winning.
The official hashtag to use for every submission made is #HottestDanceChallenge #InfinixKenya. Any challenge submitted without these 2 hashtags will be automatically disqualified.
The full description and rules of the dance challenge can be found here.