Nigeria is one important market for Blackberry as they have embraced the Blackberry for a long time, en-mass. This has been largely been assumed to be caused by the high internet prices, so the managed BIS comes in handy for mobile subscribers to manage their mobile office.
Well, today the third of the Blackberry 10 based devices the Blackberry Q10 has made it’s way into Nigeria. Launched on the 14th of May, the Blackberry Q5 was the mid-range device and the third of the devices running Blackberry 10 platform. The others that have since made in-roads into many markets including Kenya are the Blackberry Z10 and Blackberry Q5 that promise a transformation in experience for Blackberry users from the previous OSes, BB OS 5-7.
Blackberry Q5 will be priced at N65,000 ( $402 / Kshs 35,000) and will be available in black and white colour options and will come running the most recent update of Blackberry 10, which happens to be Blackberry 10.1.
Blackberry Q5 specificatons are as below:
- 3.1 inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 720 averaging at 328 ppi
- Blackberry 10.1
- 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon
- 8GB internal storage with 32GB microSD support, 2GB RAM
- 3G/4G ready, Bluetooth V4
- NFC (optional)
- Qwerty keyboard
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash (fullHD Video), 2MP front at 720p
- 120 x 66 x 10.8mm
- 120 grams
- 2180 mAh Li-ion battery, non-removable
Source: Jesse Oguns Blog