Safaricom is rolling out 5G across various areas in the country. We’ve spotted the 5G network in Thome, Mirema, Kinoo 87, Nakuru and Naivasha and now Kenya’s leading telco has brought 5G to Kiambu.
According to Forum user Kentecnics, Safaricom 5G is available in various parts of Kiambu including Thindigua and Muthithi Estate opposite KIST. Safaricom 5G network towers are spread across Thindigua and the signal can be picked all the way from Quickmart to Brainston School.
5G speeds in Muthithi Estate go all the way to 500Mbps.
To access the 5G network, you’ll need a 5G-enabled smartphone to access either network. You can also opt to choose either 4G data bundle or a 5G data bundle.
The latest sector statistics from CA Kenya report that we have 300,000 5G users and with increasing 5G ready areas, that number will go up as networks roll out their 5G network. Airtel s also in on the hype as they recently upgraded some of its sites with fifth-generation internet connectivity.
Safaricom also has 5G Wi-Fi for areas that have 5G but are not connected to its Home Fibre network. 5G WiFi uses its 5G network with the package starting at Ksh 3500.
Differences Between Safaricom Home Fibre, 4G Wi-Fi and 5G Wi-Fi
Across the continent, 5G has been rolled out in 28 out of 54 countries with half of the countries in the trial phase while the rest have rolled out 5G commercially.
Articles in This Stream
- State of 5G in Africa: The Progress So Far
- Safaricom and Huawei Launch 5G Experience Centres in Nairobi
- Airtel Confirms 5G Roll Out in Kenya
- How Mediatek is Working With Kenya Partners to Boost 5G Coverage
- MySafaricom App Adds 5G Home Internet Management Feature
- How to Access 5G on Your iPhone in Kenya
- Safaricom, Nokia Successfully Complete Africa’s First 4G/5G Network Slicing