Tecno Mobile Wednesday launched the much rumoured and expected Tecno Phantom Z. The device launches in Kenya as a first globally. The smartphone which is powered by the MTK6592 Octa core processor by Taiwan based Mediatek, a company that is currently doing 22% market-share in smartphones shipment with their chips.
This is 220 million smartphones in the year 2013. Mediatek was the first company among chip manufacturers to develop the true Octa-Core processor for mobile. By true Octa core it means all eight cores run simultaneously as opposed to others which took turns and not all cores were active at any given point.
Below are the phones specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2 GHz Mediatek MTK6592 Octa core processor
- 450 GPU
- 5.2″ 1080p Full HD AMOLED Display
- 32 GB internal memory, not expandable
- 2 GB RAM
- 3030mAh battery
- 71.9 x 144.5 x 7.9 mm dimensions
- 16MP rear camera, 8MP front, both have a flash and Autofocus
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Wide viewing angles, and 15 camera scene modes
- Faux leather back cover
The smartphone will sell together with both a Smartview cover and a 5200 mAh battery as add-ons on purchases. The device hits the Kenya market in mid July at a price of around Kshs 37,000 (USD 400).