WhatsApp has continued to bring new features and upgrade existing ones on its app. The Meta-owned messaging platform is now revamping the interface of WhatsApp Status – its ephemeral feature that exists as Stories on Facebook and Instagram.
Support for Rich Link Preview
WhatsApp is updating how links appear on Status. Currently, you don’t see previews of links shared here and the messaging app is working to bring rich link previews. With this new design, you can see the target image from the website, title, description and URL.
This change is available on the iOS beta app.
New Text Status Interface
WhatsApp has tweaked its text status interface. The tools to add emojis, text, or background theme colour have been moved from the bottom to the top.
This is the company’s effort to unify its design across its Android and iOS apps – the iOS app already uses this design.
Articles in This Stream
- WhatsApp Might Soon Be Accessed From Multiple Phones and Tablets
- WhatsApp Business to Have a Subscription Plan With Extra Features
- WhatsApp Adds Highly Requested Privacy Feature
- WhatsApp Increases File Limit, Adds More People in Group Video Chat Call
- WhatsApp in 2022: All the Features You Should Be Taking Advantage Of