Safaricom has introduced a new airtime request service for its customers.
The service allows you to request Airtime from your friends and family
Safaricom PrePay and PostPay Subscribers are eligible. However, subscribers on roaming can’t access the service.
One can request their close relations to send Safaricom airtime from Ksh 10 up to Ksh 100.
To make a Niokolee request:
- Dial *444# from your Safaricom line
- Select “Niokolee” then Select “Request Kredo”
- Enter the Safaricom number you would like to request credit from
- Select the Predefined Airtime amount and submit
- Wait for the Safaricom number user to accept or decline your request
How do you accept a Niokolee request?
- You will receive a notification from 44444 asking you to “Accept” or “Decline” the request
- Once you accept the request, the selected amount equivalent is moved from you to the requestor
- Both parties will receive notifications of the transaction
Under the Niokolee Menu, Safaricom has a Share Kredo (share gift) option.
It has similarities to Sambaza, in that you share credit from a Safaricom number to another Safaricom number.
Sharing this “gift” is voluntary and not after another customer makes a request.
Share Kredo doesn’t require prompting from the receiver.
However, this service has special predefined airtime bundles. In addition, the airtime bundles are valid for a fixed duration.
This is the key difference with Sambaza where the sender sends the amount they desire. Furthermore, Sambaza airtime has no expiry period.
The traditional Please Call Me and the popular Reverse Call services are also under the Niokolee Menu.
Evidently, this is an effort by Safaricom to ensure its customers find more alternatives to stay connected on the network.