Android 11 is launching next month – September 8th. Google’s latest mobile operating system will come packed with a bevvy of new features and tweaks to current features.
Some of the key features include upgraded permission handling such as one-time permission option for location and if an app isn’t used in a while, its permission is rest automatically, chat bubbles for messaging apps, new conversation notifications, improved media controls, improved Do Not Disturb, Voice Access, suggested apps to replace your dock, new buttons fo the recent screen, power menu gets additional features such as digital wallet and smart home controls, native screen recording and screenshots appearing at the lower-left corner.
Google will also prioritize app compatibility and making updates faster on Android 11.
It is expected that the Pixel 5 series will launch with Android 11 out of the box before other Android devices do but what are they up to in terms of Android for their devices and custom UI?
Huawei – EMUI 11/Magic UI 4
EMUI 11 is Huawei’s customized Android 11 interface. Huawei is set to launch EMUI 11/Magic UI 4 at Huawei Developer Conference 2020 (HDC 2020).
The Huawei Mate 40 series is expected to launch with EMUI 11 already baked in together with the AppGallery.
EMUI 11 will come with improved Huawei Mobile Services as the Chinese tech giant moves away from Google’s apps and services.
You Can Actually Live on an Android Smartphone Lacking Google’s Apps and Services. Here’s How I Did It:
We also expect improved GPU Turbo, one-handed mode, navigation gestures, optimized system performance, new app icons, improved security, easy file sharing, optimized fast charging, built-in screen recorder and improved dark mode among others.
Devices slated to get EMUI 11/Magic UI 4 update include:
- Huawei P40 series: Huawei P40, Huawei P40 Pro, Huawei P40 Pro+, Huawei P40 Lite(Huawei Nova 7i), Huawei P40 Lite 5G
- Huawei P30 series: Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei P30 Pro New Edition
- Huawei Mate 30 series: Huawei Mate 30, Huawei Mate 30 5G, Huawei Mate 30 Pro, Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G, Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche design,
- Huawei Mate 20 series: Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Mate 20 X (5G), Huawei Mate 20 X (4G), Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS
- Huawei Mate X and Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Nova series: Huawei Nova 6, Huawei Nova 6(5G), Huawei Nova 5T, Huawei Nova 5 Pro, Huawei Nova 5Z, Huawei Nova 5i, Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Honor 30 series: Honor 30, Honor 30 Pro, Honor 30 Pro+, Honor 30S, Honor 30 Youth Edition, Honor 30 Lite
- Honor 20 series: Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20S
- Honor X10 series: Honor X10 Max and Honor X10 5G
OnePlus – OxygenOS 11
OnePlus usually launches new devices with Android 11 even before the Pixel devices – so hopefully, the same will be repeated with the OnePlus 8T and the 8T Pro.
This time around, OnePlus 8 series already have the beta build of OxygenOS 11 which is based on Android 11.
Unlike previous versions of OxygenOS, the 11th version borrowed some UI elements from Samsung that has gotten some longtime fans already annoyed.
OxygenOS 11 also has some EMUI elements too.
OxygenOS 11 brings with it Always on Display, Android 11’s Conversations section in notifications, improved Quick settings panel ad a dedicated dark mode toggle, visually overhauled Weather app, Settings, Calculator, Contacts, Messages, Clock, and Recorder stock apps, revamped OnePlus Camera UI and Gallery app, redesigned Zen Mode and Power menu changes that includes Android 11’s device controls for smart automation shortcuts.
Here are devices slated to get OxygenOS 11:
- OnePlus 8 series: OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
- OnePlus Nord
- OnePlus 7 series: OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition,
- OnePlus 6 series: OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition
Samsung – OneUI 3
Samsung recently launched the Note 20 series which came with Android 10 and OneUI 2.5.
At the launch, Samsung announced that the Note series will get three generations of Android updates – so that means the Note 20 series will get Android 11, 12 and 13.
The only devices slated to launch with Android 11 out of the box will be the S30 series next year.
OneUI 3 comes with improved spam protection, new notification shade, audio codec support for headphones, improved gesture navigation, no need to unlock after reboot, view current refresh rate, use Bluetooth headphones in airplane mode, improved battery life and app access and background location permission.
OneUI 3 is now in pre-beta for partner developers in South Korea and the United States.
Devices that will get the OneUI 3:
- Note 20 series
- Note 10 series
- S20 series
- S10 series including the S10e and te S10 Lite
- Z series: Galaxy Z Fold 2, the Z Flip and last year’s Galaxy Fold
- A series: Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A90
Nokia – Android One
Nokia phones under the Android One program are slated to get two years of major OS updates.
Devices slated to get Android 11 update:
OPPO – ColorOS 8
Android 11 will be coming to devices via ColorOS 8. Features coming to OPPO devices via the new UI include improved privacy protection with additional one-time permission, new floating Bubbles UI for messaging apps and dedicated Conversations section among other Android 11 features.
ColorOS 8 will improve on ColorOS such as its beautiful design aesthetics, smart 5G capabilities, enhanced image processing, new motion sense gestures, tag notification as important, ethernet settings, new notification shade interface, pin apps to share menu, double click on the back, notification history shortcut, new screenshot pop-up, ability to dismiss persistently notifications and the ability to hide silent notifications in the status bar.
Here are the devices slated to get ColorOS 8:
- OPPO Find series: OPPO Find X2 and OPPO Find X2 Pro, OPPO Find X2 Lite, OPPO Find X2 Neo
- OPPO Reno series: OPPO Reno, OPPO Reno 2F, OPPO Reno 2Z, OPPO Reno 3, OPPO Reno 3 Pro, OPPO Reno 4 and OPPO Reno 4 Pro , OPPO Reno Ace, OPPO Ace 2
- *OPPO F series: OPPO F11 series, OPPO F15 series
- OPPO A series: OPPO A92, OPPO A52
vivo -Funtouch OS 11
vivo Funtouch OS 11 will bring Android 11 update to some devices. FunTouch OS 11 will bring improved User interface, global dark mode, better camera features, redesigned system elements, battery improvements, improved JOVI smart assistant, enhanced privacy mode, improved quick shortcuts, live wallpapers, improved notification centre, revamped icons, one-time app permission feature and more plus additional Android 11 features.
Devices eligible for Funtouch OS 11:
- vivo V series: vivo V19, vivo V17 and vivo V17 Pro
- vivo Y series: vivo Y19 and vivo Y17
- vivo Nex 3S 5G
- vivo Z6 5G
- vivo iQOO 3 – both the 4G and 5G version
- vivo X30 and vivo X30 Pro
LG – LG UX 10
LG’s update history isn’t as impressive as its rival smartphone companies. Android11 update will be received through LG’S UX 10 UI for its flagship devices.
Eligible devices to get LG UX 10:
- LG ThinQ series: LG V60 ThinQ, LG V50 ThinQ, LG V50S ThinQ
- LG Velvet
- LG G8
Motorola uses a customized version of Pixels Android version.
Here are which Moto devices will get the Android 11 update:
- Motorola Edge+
- Motorola Edge
- Motorola RAZR
- Moto G Stylus
- Moto G Power
- Moto G Fast
- Motorola One Fusion+
- Motorola One Hyper
Pixel devices get quickly updated to the next Android version very fast. In fact, all Pixel devices up to the Pixel 2 are getting Android 11 as soon as it launches next month.
The Pixel 4a 5G and the Pixel 5 will launch with Android 11 straight out of the box.
Xiaomi – MIUI 12 | Redmi, POCO
Xiaomi devices are slated to get Android 11 via MIUI 12 update. MIUI 12 packs sytem-level changes, better camera UI, new navigation and gestures, improved dark mode and new notification system among other Android 11 features.
Xiaomi: Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10 Youth Edition, Mi Note 10, Mi Note 10 Pro, Mi Note 10 Lite, Mi 9, Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 Lite, Mi 9T, Mi 9T Pro, Mi A3
Redmi: Redmi K30, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Redmi K20, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, Redmi 10X Pro, Redmi 10X 5G, Redmi 9, Redmi 9C, Redmi 9A
POCO: POCO F2 Pro, POCO X2, POCO M2 Pro
Smartphone companies under the Tramssion umbrella include Infinix, TECNO and itel.
Expect newer devices to launch next year with Android 11 as was seen with Android 10.
The TECNO Pouvoir 4 is the only device that is expected to get Android 11. The smartphone launched in July is already in the Android 11 beta program.
This article isn’t conclusive and we’ll keep updating with new information so keep refreshing.