there have been testing this feature since late last year and now Twitter is rolling it out to a few users. Instagram has had this feature since last year.
The CoTweet feature will allow you to co-author a post and the two accounts collaborating will both be tagged in the tweet just like what Instagram does with its Collab feature.
Twitter is exploring new ways for its users to collaborate while on the platform. The company wants to see how brands and regular users will use this feature.
How It Works
CoTweet feature allows you to invite someone else to the tagged in the tweet.
You’ll see a profile icon n the composer to add someone. Tapping on it lets you search for a user to tag.
Just like Instagram, the second user will have to approve the tweet. Replies to the tweet will go to the original author. Even on embedded tweets, the tweet will only have the original author’s handle.
It looks pretty cool.
This feature will be used a lot by couples and either a brand and an influencer they’re partnering up as we’ve seen with Instagram’s collab feature.
I thought this was hilarious
Twitter is looking to dumb down on launching new products and features especially after Elon Musk bought it for $44 billion. Twitter is now withdrawing efforts on features such as Spaces, Newsletters and Communities to instead centre their efforts on short-term goals like increasing user growth and personalization.
Articles in This Stream
- Twitter Pivots From Spaces to Focus On Personalization and User Growth
- Circles Are Twitter’s Response To Instagram’s Close Friends
- Elon Takes Twitter Private With His $44 Billion Bid
- Twitter Really Wants to Be Bought, Elon’s Deal Get Serious
- Twitter Board Goes on the Defensive Over Elon’s Hostile Takeover
- Elon Musk to Buy Twitter in a $43B Hostile Takeover
- Elon Musk, Twitter and the Edit Button
- Twitter Could Very Soon Have an Edit Button
- Elon Musk Snaps $2.9B Stake in Twitter, Becomes Its Largest Shareholder
Articles in this stream
Here’s how to protect your privacy and stay secure on: